The browser you are using is out of date and may not support all of the features of this website. Please update your browser to a modern browser that supports HTML5.

What is the Veteran's Affairs website?

What is VA's toll free number?


How do I apply for VA benefits?

To apply for VA Benefits, please go to the Veterans Online Application System (VONAPP) and complete the application online. For a paper application, please visit the VA website to download and complete an application. The application process normally takes 6 - 8 weeks for new education claims.

I am a transfer student - what must I do to re-start my GI Bill?

If you are the veteran, you must complete VA Form 22-1995. If you are the dependant, you must complete VA Form 22-5495.

May I use my GI Bill for license or certification test, such as GRE and MAT?

Yes! You can receive reimbursement for licensing and certification tests. These tests must be specifically approved for the G.I. Bill. VA can pay only for the cost of the tests and not other fees connected with obtaining a license or certification.

Can I change programs?

Yes, you must submit a request for a Major/Advisor Change with the Registrar’s Office at GSW. The Major/Advisor Change form is located on RAIN under Student Forms.

Am I eligible for Vocational Rehabilitation?

You may be eligible for Vocational Rehabilitation, if you have a service connected disability or any other disability rated by VA at 10% or more. For more information contact VOC REHAB, see

Can I get an Advance Payment?

Unfortunately, advance payment is not available at Georgia Southwestern.

Can I get direct deposit?

Yes. You can call 1-877-838-2778 to get started with direct deposit or when you complete your initial application for benefits, you can attach a voided check. This does speed up your education payment.

What do I need to do once I am approved for benefits?

You need to contact the VA Certifying Official in the Registrar’s Office. You will be asked to complete and submit "Veteran's Benefits Form." This form authorizes the VA Certifying Official to certify your enrollment to the VA in ordered to begin your monthly benefits.

What do I need to do if I drop or withdraw from classes?

VA does not pay for withdrawal of a course(s) unless there are mitigating circumstances involved. Should it become necessary for you to withdraw from class (es), you should contact the Veterans Certifying Official immediately. A withdrawal/drop will get reported whether or not you notify the Certifying Official! If you are called to active duty, please bring a copy of your orders to the Registrar.

How can I submit my monthly enrollment?

You may call the toll free number: 1-877-823-2378 or go to and certify by going to W.A.V.E.  Only Chapter 30, 1606, and 1607 students need to submit monthly enrollment.

GSW Website Search


Email Access

To login into email, please select from the following:

GSW Email (O365)    Manage Spam Quarantine (Employees)    Old Student Email (Gmail)   Email Help


Apply to GSW

Thank you for your interest in Georgia Southwestern. What would you like to apply for?

Undergraduate Admissions    Graduate Admissions    Check Admission Status


D2L Access

To login into D2L, please select GeorgiaView or GoView option

GeorgiaView    GoView


Site Login

You can use this portal to login to the GSW website.  This will allow you to make instant edits to your pages. If you do not have an account and are a GSW Faculty/Staff member please click here.

Please be sure to logout when you are done!


CanesNet Account

Please select a password reset process:

Legacy Student Reset Process   GSW Account Reset