The browser you are using is out of date and may not support all of the features of this website. Please update your browser to a modern browser that supports HTML5.

Request for Immunization Records/Medical Records

How do I obtain my GSW Immunization Records or Medical Records?

Immunization records and medical records must be requested in writing to the Health Center by submitting the form: CONSENT FOR AUTHORIZATION FOR USE/DISCLOSURE OF HEALTH INFORMATION.

Request must include student's full name, GSW ID#, student's phone number, a complete address or fax number where the records are to be sent, signature, and appropriate fee. The consent forms can be completed at the Health Center or accessing the above link. Records may be requested by submitting the consent form in person, via email ( or fax (229-931-2666). In order to avoid any delays, please be sure to include all names you may have used while attending GSW.

  • Immunization and/or Medical records are $1.00 per page. Health Services accepts payment in the form of cash, check, or money order. Credit or Debit card transactions can be processed using the new Touchnet Payment System (please place a link to Touchnet from GSW Home Page here) or may be processed through the cashier in the business office (220-931-2013).
  • Request will not be processed until we receive payment. Please include form of payment with your requests to avoid any delays. If you are picking up your records from Health Services, you may indicate on your requests that you will pay at time of pick up.
  • You may have someone else pickup your request if you send written permission for that person to pick up your request. The person picking up your immunization records only must have proper identification.

Fall and Spring Office Hours

Mondays & Thursdays: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Fridays: 8:00 am - 2:00 pm
Weekends and Holidays: Closed
Closed daily from 11:45 am - 12:30 pm for lunch (EXCEPT ON FRIDAY)

Summer Office Hours

Monday-Thursday: 8:00 am - 5:30 pm
Friday: 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
Weekends and Holidays: Closed
Closed daily from 11:45 am - 12:30 pm for lunch (EXCEPT ON FRIDAY)

A student who utilizes student health services is expected to visit the GSW Health Center at times that DO NOT conflict with their academic responsibilities unless it is a medical emergency. The professor reserves the right to assign the student an excused or unexcused absence.

 Natalie Thomas

Natalie Thomas
Director-BSN, MSN, Family Nurse Practitioner
Phone: 229-931-2235

 MichaelBusman.jpg Dr. Michael Busman
Attending Physician
Ann Miller 

Elizabeth Ann Miller
RN,MSN,FNP-C, Family Nurse Practitioner
Phone: 229-931-2235

 Charlise Alford Charlise Alford
Administrative Assistant
Phone: 229-931-2235

About Us

GSW Health Center
1st Floor of the Rosalynn Carter Health Human Science Building
800 GSW State University Drive
Americus, GA 31709
Phone: 229-931-2235
Fax: 229-931-2666
Emergencies: 229-931-2245 (GSW Public Safety) or 911 (Local Dispatch)

Office Hours

Closed daily from 11:45am-12:30pm for lunch (EXCEPT ON FRIDAY)
Mon-Thurs 8:00am-5:00pm
Friday 8:00am-2:00pm
Weekends and Holidays: Closed

We want to hear about your experience at the GSW Health Center.

Please fill-in your comments, questions, or concerns, and submit the form. We will read and respond as quickly as possible, however, we cannot guarantee that your question will be answered the same day it is submitted.

If you would prefer speaking with the "person in charge," consider calling, writing, or making an appointment with our staff members.

There is no form with this name or may be the form is unpublished, Please check the form and the url and the form management.

Health Center Satisfaction Survey


Do I need an appointment?

We do not require appointments except in the Women's Clinic. We try to see other students who do have appointments on schedule, thus better assisting you with time management.

Can I get a Recommendation for an Excuse if I call in and tell the nurse how sick I am?

No. You must first be assessed in the Health Center.

Can the nurse give me a Recommendation for an Excuse or does the doctor have to sign it?

It should not be necessary for you to have a note from the physician. A signature from any licensed health care provider who does your assessment should be honored.

Why does the nurse sometimes take students in the treatment room when it is supposed to be my turn?

We try to see students in the order in which they signed in. However, as in any health care facility, it is sometimes necessary to triage or to see students based on the severity of their problem.

Can I get the Hepatitis B Vaccine if I am not a nursing student?

We encourage all students to be immunized for Hepatitis B.

What infection control precautions do you use at the Health Center?

Student Health Services is sensitive to the issue of infection control and follows the standards set by OSHA and CDC. Our clinical staff wears new, disposable gloves with each patient as called for by the procedure. All clinical work surfaces are cleaned according to the schedule in the Exposure Control plan as mandated by OSHA. Reusable equipment is sterilized as appropriate. Disposable equipment is disposed of according to our Infection Control/Exposure Control Plan.

Can I get tested for HIV/AIDS at the Health Center?

We do provide this service, but prefer you to the Sumter County Health Department where highly trained professionals will assist you in a prompt, courteous, and confidential manner.

Who can use the Health Center?

Any student who is taking four or more semester hours and pays the student health fee is entitled to the services offered at the Health Center. Those who take less than four hours may utilize the Health Center by paying a co-pay.

Can I pay the health fee and be entitled to Health Center services even if I am not taking four or more semester hours?

Yes, this is sometimes done.

How can I get a pregnancy test?

A quality pregnancy test with complete instructions is available to students at a cost of $5.00. For the most accurate results the test should be performed using a urine sample from the first morning specimen. We suggest that the student return to the Health Center for options counseling or family planning as indicated.

Can I get my immunization/health records sent to another college or university?

Yes. We require that you come by the Health Center and fill out the appropriate form. This form gives us legal permission to release the information. There is a $1.00 fee payable to the Health Center. Online payments are accepted.

Will the nurse come to the residence hall to see about me when I am sick?

Only if you are unable to come to the Health Center.

What kind of lab tests can I have done at the Health Center?

These are limited to blood sugar, hemoglobin, Miltistix 10SG (for urinary tract infection) and a strep A test.

Is it necessary for nursing students to provide medical history to both the nursing division and the health center?

Yes, we require the same information from all students. Since immunization requirements for health care workers differs from that of regular students, nursing requires a more detailed immunization history. This immunization information becomes a part of the Division of Nursing record as well as the Health Center record.

If a health care student is exposed to an active case of TB, what should they do about a skin test?

Any student who is aware of exposure should be skin tested as soon as possible after the exposure. The test is to be repeated in ten to twelve weeks.

applyrainclassScheduleemaildonateD2LCanes ConnectBeaconyoutubeinstagram logotwitterfacebookblack blue ribbon

© Georgia Southwestern State University, 800 Georgia Southwestern State University Drive, Americus, Georgia 31709 | (877) 871-4594

Email Access

To login into email, please select if you are a student or Faculty/Staff

Student Email    Faculty/Staff Email


Apply to GSW

Thank you for your interest in Georgia Southwestern. What would you like to apply for?

Undergraduate Admissions    Graduate Admissions    Check Admission Status


D2L Access

To login into D2L, please select GeorgiaView or GoView option

GeorgiaView    GoView


Site Login

You can use this portal to login to the GSW website.  This will allow you to make instant edits to your pages. If you do not have an account and are a GSW Faculty/Staff member please click here.

Please be sure to logout when you are done!