Skip to main content

Transient Student

A transient is an undergraduate student in good standing at another institution who enrolls for one semester at Georgia Southwestern in order to complete work to be transferred back to their home institution.

Home / Admissions / Transient Student

How to Apply


Submit Your Application

Complete your application online with the $25 non-refundable application fee. Check your status online while working through the application process.


Request Transient Permission

Request an official Letter of Transient Permission be mailed, e-mailed, or faxed to us from your current institution.


Check Your Status

You can review what information is needed and what documents have been received by checking your status online.

Before completing the admission process, it is encouraged to check the Schedule of Classes to ensure your desired course is being offered and has available seats. Please note, current and new GSW students have priority when registering for classes. 

Information Session

Schedule of Classes

Students may view class offerings by specific term or use GSW's Class Schedule Search to find specific course offerings.

Student Receiving Assistance

Transfer Articulation

Compare the classes completed at your current or previous institution(s) with the equivalent course at our campus.

Student Using Laptop

Check Your Status

Review what items have been received and what is still required for acceptance.

After Acceptance

In order to prepare for registration, students must complete the following:

  • On or after the advertised registration date, contact Lindsey Slatton, Registrar Support Specialist & Transfer Coordinator, by email at to register for classes.
    • Students must include the course name and CRN number. You can refer to the class schedule for this information.
    • You must be accepted to Georgia Southwestern before you can register for classes.
  • Submit proof of Lawful Presence if you plan to receive in-state tuition. Online only students and students paying out-of-state tuition are not required to submit this documentation.
  • Submit your immunization record to the GSW Health Center. Online only students must still complete this process, but there is an exemption option for online students.
  • Read and submit the Financial Agreement Authorization.
  • If you intend to live on campus during your studies, contact the Office of Residence Life to receive your housing application. There is a $50 application fee for housing.

Registration Dates

Transient registration dates are as follows (if the date falls on a weekend, registration will begin the following Monday):

  • Fall Semester - July 15th
  • Spring Semester - December 1st
  • Summer Semester - April 27th