Skip to main content

Office of the Registrar

Office of the Registrar

The Office of the Registrar at Georgia Southwestern State University is committed to quality service for our students. We maintain official student academic records and review graduation applications. Registrar maintains the academic catalogs, curriculum sheets, and DegreeWorks. We also assist with registration and graduation.

Student Resources


Schedule of Classes

Catalog & Bulletin

Storm Tracks

Curriculum Sheets


Tuition Waivers

Student Forms


Student Confidentiality

The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) is a Federal law designed to protect the privacy of student records. More information is detailed under Confidentiality of Student Records
RAIN Information & Login


Office of the Registrar

Sanford Hall
Second Floor, Room 210

229-931-2021 fax

Monday – Friday: 8:00am – 5:00pm


Transferring to GSW?

Use the Transfer Articulation to see which classes will transfer to your new program.

Transfer Articulation

Need to Check Your Grades?

Grades can be viewed by completing the following steps:

  • Log in to your RAIN account
  • Click "Student Services" and then "Financial Aid"
  • Click "Student Records"
  • View "GSW Unofficial Academic Transcript"

Current Courses

Your current term courses and grades will be found in the Courses in Progress area of the transcript until we have run the end of term processes. After these processes are completed, you can find your courses, grades, and GPA information for the current term at the bottom of your transcript in the Institution Credit area of your transcript.

Advanced Credit Courses

Georgia Southwestern offers several ways to earn college credit for what you already know including:

  • CLEP (College Level Examination Program)
  • PLA (Prior Learning Assessment)
  • AP (Advanced Placement Courses)
  • IB (the International Baccalaureate Program)

Check out our details on Advanced Credit Courses to see how your credits will transfer.

Courses you complete through CLEP, AP, IB, or PLA will show on your transcript with a grade of K rather than a traditional letter grade and will not be included in GPA calculations. Credit earned through alternative means is limited to 10 credit hours in a major and 30 hours toward your degree. If you want to take a CLEP test, contact the GSW Testing Center, but be aware that any CLEP test must be taken before you attemp the class for which you wish to receive credit by alternative means. 

Student Holds

RAIN is the Registration and Academic Information Network that provides a convenient method for students to obtain information via the internet. You can use RAIN to to view items such as holds on your account, semester grade reports, unofficial academic transcripts, account summary and fee assessments, financial aid status, and current class schedule. You can also register for classes, check your progress, and plan semesters for your academic goals within RAIN.

Logging in to RAIN

  • Visit
  • Click on the drop down menu and choose "Secured Login"
  • Enter your GSW ID (913xxxxxx)
    *If you forgot your GSW ID, visit GSW ID# Lookup
  • Enter your PIN number (6 digit number)
    *If you forgot your PIN: Click "Forgot PIN," answer your security question, and create a new six digit number.

With your advisor, you will review your major or focus area Degree Pathway, Degree Works, and possibly a major or minor curriculum sheet to determine which classes you should register for during the subsequest term. After consulting with your advisor, you will register yourself for classes using RAIN

Sometimes you may not be able to register for classes due to holds on your account. These can range from financial obligations to checking in with your advisor.

To check your holds at GSW, log into RAIN and complete the following:

  • Click "Student Services"
  • Click "Student Records"
  • Click "View Holds"

Any student with a monetary hold should call Student Accounts at 229-931-2013 to pay the amount owed with a debit or credit card over the phone. 

Ready to Graduate?

If you plan to graduate within the next 12 months, it's time to apply! Check your Storm Track and speak to your advisor to ensure you are ready to complete your graduation application.

If you are in your final semester and have failed 6 or fewer credit hours during that term, you will be allowed to walk in the graduation ceremony, given the following requirements are met:

  • You are an undergraduate student.
  • You must complete and submit the "Request to March in Graduation" form to the Registrar's Office by 9:00 am 30 days prior to the day of graduation.
  • Courses need to be completed within one year of the graduation ceremony you attended.
  • Please note, even though you are walking in the ceremony:
    1. You will not be recognized for academic honors or achievements during the ceremony.
    2. Your degree will not be posted to your record until the end of the semester your final course(s) are completed.


If you plan to graduate within the next 12 months, it's time to apply! Check your Storm Track and speak to your advisor to ensure you are ready to complete your graduation application.

alt text